HDMI 5 Inch 800x480 TFT Display with automatic backlight control
This 5 inch TFT Display with Touch Screen is a mini panel-mountable HDMI monitor, small and simple, it can be used with any computer that has HDMI output. The difference between another 5-inch HDMI display is that the backlight can be controlled by raspberry pi GPIO pin, generally, the backlight is on, then input a high level to GPIO 11, the backlight will be off.The Pin 11 control a MOS tube switch on or off, the MOS tube switch will enable and disable the EN end of the backlight power IC. The design of automatic control backlight allows users to put the display into some products easily, and safe power at the same time.
- A good solution for those seeking for a bigger resolution display
- Good touch response
- Large viewing angle
- Fast response time
- Support backlight control alone
- Not only for Raspberry Pi
- Not only for mini-PCs, it can work as a computer monitor
- With detail user guide and image
- Automatic control the backlight.
- 5 inch TFT Resistive touch screen display, 800x480 Resolution
- HDMI input
- Usb touch and power, 5V@1A
- Touch: 4-wire resistive touch
- Lcd driver IC: ILI9486L
- Refresh rate：60HZ
- Lcd Size ：121.11mm*77.93mm
① USB interface：Get 5V Power from USB,If ④-13*2 Pin Socket has been connected, that this USB interface can be No Connect.
② HDMI interface：For HDMI transmission.
④ 13*2 Pin Socket：Get 5V Power from raspberry Pi to LCD, at the same time transfer touch signal back to raspberry Pi.
⑤ extended pin：extended The ④-13*2 Pin Socket signal Pin-to-Pin.
Our 5 inch screen supports Raspbian,Ubuntu Mate,Kali Linux and Retropie system for Raspberry Pi.If you use it on PC or others that the touch function is unable to use.
And next, we will teach you how to install the driver for your raspberry pi OS. If no system in your SD card, please refer to the Raspberry Pi office tutorial.
Step1: Install the 5 inch LCD
Install the 5 inch LCD to Raspberry-Pi 3B/2B/B+ board as below:
Step2: Modify your config.txt file
Tips: If you use SSH to control Pi,please skip this step.
Insert the SD card to your Windows/Mac PC. Find the config.txt in the SD`s root and open it. Then add the following code in the end.
# --- added by elecrow-pitft-setup --- hdmi_force_hotplug=1 max_usb_current=1 hdmi_drive=1 hdmi_group=2 hdmi_mode=1 hdmi_mode=87 hdmi_cvt 800 480 60 6 0 0 0 dtoverlay=ads7846,cs=1,penirq=25,penirq_pull=2,speed=50000,keep_vref_on=0,swapxy=0,pmax=255,xohms=150,xmin=200,xmax=3900,ymin=200,ymax=3900 display_rotate=0 # --- end elecrow-pitft-setup ---
Step3: Power ON and open terminal
Tips:When the Raspberry startup, it can normal display and next step you need to install the driver.
Step4: Download the driver
git clone https://github.com/goodtft/LCD-show.git
Tips: For Kali Linux, you need to mount boot, run: mount /dev/mmcblk0p1 /boot/
chmod -R 755 LCD-show cd LCD-show/ sudo ./LCD5-show
The screen should be working now.
Touch screen calibration
Install the xinput-calibrator
sudo apt-get install -y xinput-calibrator
- Click the Men button on the task bar, choose Preference -> Calibrate Touchscreen.
- Finish the touch calibration following the prompts. Maybe rebooting is required to make calibration active.
- You can create a 99-calibration.conf file to save the touch parameters (not necessary if file exists).
- Save the touch parameters (may differ depending on LCD) to 99-calibration.conf, as shown in the picture: