The Nano 168 is a small, complete, and breadboard-friendly board based on the ATmega328 (Arduino Nano 3.0) or ATmega168 (Arduino Nano 2.x).It have an integrated on-board USB. As the function, It has almost all the analog and digital pins that the UNO or Duemilanove has and the same function as Duemilanove or UNO except the Microcontroller is using Mega 168. Its price is cheaper than Nano 328(Arduino compatible), the only difference of them is the MicroController, one using Mega 168 and the other one using Mega 328. This Nano 168 can give more selections for your project. With the smaller and portable package. This Nano 168 can go with the IO Shield for Arduino Nano, it would be more friendly and convenient for users to enter the Arduino world and make use of Arduino to make their dream into reality.
As an upgrade version of Arduino Nano, the Nano 168 is 100% compatible to Arduino Nano and its shield and IDEs. On the hardware part, remarkable changes are taken to improve the flexibility and user experience.
- Power OK red LED, Green (TX), green (RX) and green (L) LED
- Upgraded 5V voltage sourcing, more powerful drive capability
- Mini-B USB for programming and serial monitor, TX&RX breakout for application as USB-UART convertor
- Surface-Mount ICSP header
- Standard 2.54mm spacing DIP (breadboard friendly)
- Microcontroller: ATmega168
- Operating Voltage(logic level): 5V
- Input Voltage(recommended): 7-12 V
- Input Voltage(limits): 6-20 V
- Digital I/O Pins: 14 (of which 6 provide PWM output)
- Analog Input Pins: 8
- DC Current per I/O Pin: 40 mA
- Flash Memory: 16 KB (ATmega168) or 32 KB (ATmega328) of which 2 KB used by bootloader
- SRAM: 1 KB (ATmega168) or 2 KB (ATmega328)
- EEPROM: 512 bytes (ATmega168) or 1 KB (ATmega328)
- Clock Speed: 16 MHz
- Dimension: 0.73" x 1.70"
The FTDI FT232RL chip on the Nano is only powered if the board is being powered over USB. As a result, when running on external (non-USB) power, the 3.3V output (which is supplied by the FTDI chip) is not available and the RX and TX LEDs will flicker if digital pins 0 or 1 are high.