Chatter is a free, private, security-first texting device.
It comes in a pair (2 pieces) because texting yourself is not as fun as you think.
Unlike your regular phone, this device does not need a cellular network or a SIM card to work because it creates its own wireless network and communicates with other Chatter devices you’ve paired it with.
The main purpose of Chatter is education and showing people that you can communicate free and remotely without big corporations and the internet.
It uses the so-called “LoRa” low-power wide-area network technology in order to send text messages, emojis, memes, and GIFs.Chatter uses a publicly-available set of frequencies that are allocated for use cases like this one.
What you’ll get:
- Chatter’s circuit board with a built-in network communication module and dual-core CPU
- Display board – 128*160 TFT color display
- AAA batteries
- Acrylic casing
- A bag of other small components such as resistors and pushbuttons
- An instruction booklet – ready for your offline knowledge consumption
What you’ll learn:
- How to assemble your very own private texting machine
- What privacy means in the year 2020 and how you can digitally communicate without using the internet
- How LoRa works
- How Chatter encrypts/decrypts messages and pairs with other Chatters
- How to code and load custom apps onto your Chatter
Chatter includes various functions similar to chat apps you use daily:
- Friends list
- Friend pairing
- Chat color customization
- Profile avatars