What! SIM908 has lagged behind upgraded version of SIM808
Posted: June 29, 2016
Are you still looking for SIM908 which has already stopped to produce for most regions and countries ? Nowadays it comes to the recognition and popularity that SIM808 overmatches SIM908 in its cost effect、more functions and inexpensive price. Why? You can find answers below. COMMON POINTS TO SHARE
- The GSM/GPRS engine is a quad-band GSM/GPRS module that works on frequencies GSM 850MHz, EGSM 900MHz, DCS 1800MHz and PCS 1900MHz.
- SIM808 and SIM908 features GPRS multi-slot and supports the GPRS coding schemes CS-1, CS-2, CS-3 and CS-4.
- Both GPS solution offers best-in-class acquisition and tracing sensitivity, Time-To-First-Fix (TTFF) and accuracy.
- They communicate with other MCU by serial port.
- SIM808 and SIM908 are designed with power saving technique so that the current consumption is as low as 1.2mA in sleep mode (with GPS engine powered down).
- They integrate TCP/IP protocol and extend TCP/IP AT commands which are very useful for data transfer applications.
- SIM808 shares more powerful functions than SIM908, especially the function of Bluetoothwhich could be more helpful in your applications.
- SIM808 is designed as smaller in size, being more free and broader to use for most yields and projects with high cost effectiveness.
- SIM808 owns fancy and attractive price at factory price of around 20RMB lower than SIM908, which saves much cost, appealing to most distributors.
- SIM808 is easier than SIM908 to design the computer programming, reducing the cost of technology and manpower too.
- SIM808 enjoys low power consumption for its special design.
- SIM908 has already been stopped production for most regions and countries, meaning that more and more distributors are choosing SIM808.