What is it
Mouse Whisperer is a small development kit that is based on Microchip ATtiny85 MCU. It will act like a physical mouse and draw perfect circles while you're away.
There are many reasons why not, but also a few reasons why. Big Corpo tend to sell your convenience for security, don’t taking into account if you’re working in the office or from home.
- I'm sick and tired entering passwords each time I leave laptop for 2 minutes
- I don't want my screen to go dark whenever I'm focused on something and happen to not move the mouse for a minute or two
- I want to be available for other Team members, even if I went for a cup of coffee
- But mainly, if someone enforce stupid policies on my laptop and I cannot change them - I will workaround them
Mouse Whisperer is there to bring some of that convenience back.
Mouse Whisperer is based on the Micronucleos bootloader, which allows USB communication for both flashing and user code communication.
Provided code sample initializes board as USB mouse device and draws perfect circles until switched off. It will indicate status with built-in RGB led. You can switch it ON and OFF by simply touching the edge of the board.
- ATtiny85 MCU
- 8 KB Flash, 512B EEPROM, 512B SRAM
- WS2812E RGB addressable LED for status indication
- TTP223 based touch sensor for switching it ON and OFF
- Sandwich PCB design to protect important electronics from cats and children
How to use it
Mouse Whisperer comes preloaded with software. Simply insert it into USB socket, no drivers needed. Touch the edge of the board to switch it off, touch again to sswitch it back on.
If you wish to update software to your taste see information below.
Using Platformio and included sample firmware
Samples code in this repo provided as Platformio project, please follow the official Platformio installation guide first.
When a project is built using Platformio: Build task and ready to be flashed, run Platformio: Upload task. You insert your board into USB after that and the flashing process will start automatically. When done, code starts execution immediately.
Please follow Digispark tutorial