EL Wire, also known as Electroluminescent wire, a thin phosphor coated wire in a tube that lights up when you apply a high AC voltage to it. When an AC signal is applied to it, it glows an aqua color.
This is EL is 2m long, we have 5 different colors of EL Wire for you to choose from. Recommend to use the 2xAA pocket inverter to drive the EL light.There have been so applications using EL wire to create amazing products such as Tron Costume and EZ-EL Tutu Skirt
- Color: Purple, blue, yellow, red, green(Please note that the color of the real product maybe be slightly different with the picture due to the Screen&Photo Shooting)
- EL wire can be bent, paste or hang up, can be made into any shape and length so it is very easy and convenient to install and use.
- EL is 'cold', it is low power consumption (cold light, 97% electricity converted into light, no heat loss), no UV, soft light, environmentally friendly materials.
- The light radiation at night is extremely bright, eye-catching.
- EL wire requires a driver/inverter that can provide 400-2000 Hz, 60-120VAC
- Higher frequency/voltage results in a brighter wire
- Running the wire brighter will lead to a reduced lifetime
- EL wire is capacitive, and cannot be PWM'ed or easily dimmed
- Ultrathin, lightweight, easy to use for production and construction of everything.
- Operating Voltage: AC 20 ~ 220V, Optimum Operating Voltage: 120V
- Operating Frequency: 50 ~ 5000Hz Optimum Operating Frequency :1500-2000Hz
- Static Capacitance: 6nf / m (20 ° C, the RH <80%)
- Brightness: (at 120V, 200Hz ~ 2000Hz) 30cd/m2 ~ 126 cd/m2
- Power: (at 120V, 200Hz ~ 2000Hz)108mw / m ~ 1032mw / m
- Light life: (at 100V, 400Hz) normal temperature and humidity, approximately 8000 hours
- Operating Temperature / Humidity: -10 ° C ~ +60° C; RH <90%
- Storage Temperature / Humidity: -10 ° C ~ +60 ° C; RH <65%
- Diameter: 3.2mm