The SIM5360E series is Dual-Band HSPA+/WCDMA and Quad-Band GSM/GPRS/EDGE module solution in a SMT type which supports HSPA+ up to 14.4Mbps for downlink data transfer.supports 3G network and combines GPS technology for satellite navigation. Besides, it also supports A-GPS that available for indoor localization.and it also supports for eCALL.
The module is controlled by AT command via UART and supports 3.3V and 5V logical level. If you want to do some applications, we have some example for you to refer. M2M (Machine 2 Machine) Applicatoions - To transfer control data using SMS or GPRS between two machines located at two different factories.
Remote control of appliances - Send SMS while you are at your office to turn on or off your washing machine at home. Remote Weather station or a Wireless Sensor Network - Make it with [Crowduino v1.0|Crowduino v1.0] and create a sensor node capable of transferring sensor data (like from a weather station - temperature, humidity etc.) to a web server (like pachube.com).
Vehicle Tracking System - Install GPRS+GSM+GPS Shield in your car and publish your location live on the internet. Can be used as a automotive burglar alarm.
And when you set about using it, please notice these tips:
1: Make sure your SIM card is unlocked.
2: The product is provided as is without an insulating enclosure. Please observe ESD precautions specially in dry (low humidity) weather.
3: The factory default setting for the GPRS Shield UART is autobaoding.
It supports baud rate from 1200 bps to 115200bps. (Can be changed using AT commands).
- Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900MHz
- HSPA+: Max. 14.4Mbps(DL), Max. 5.76Mbps(UL).
- WCDMA: Max. 384Kbps(DL), Max. 384Kbps(UL)
- GPRS multi-slot class 12, Max. 85.6Kbps(DL), Max. 85.6Kbps(UL)
- EDGE multi-slot class 12, Max. 236.8Kbps(DL), Max. 236.8Kbps(UL)
- GPRS mobile station class B.
- Controlled by AT Command (3GPP TS 27.007, 27.005 and SIMCOM enhanced AT Commands).
- Supports Real Time Clock.
- Supply voltage range 5V ~ 12V.
- Supports for eCALL
- Integrated GPS/CNSS and supports A-GPS.
- Supports 3.0V to 5.0V logic level.
- Low power consumption, 1mA in sleep mode.
- Supports GPS NMEA protocol.
- Standard Micro SIM Card.
- SIM5360E 3G Shield x1
- GPS Antenna x1
- GSM Antenna x1
Wiki & External links