Unified C4 Daughterboard and Molex Pico-EZmate Cable
Each order will contain 1x Unified C4 Daughterboard, 1x Molex Pico-EZmate to Molex Pico-EZmate Cable, and 1x Molex Pico-EZmate to JST Cable. They are not sold separately.
The Unified Daughterboard Project is an open source project designed to standardize the USB daughterboards used in custom keyboards, spearheaded by many community contributors such as ai03. The newest releases by the project team are the S1 and C4 daughterboards.
This new C4 revision has the same formfactor as the previous C3 version, but uses the new Molex Pico-EZmate connector. We include two cables- one with a JST termination and one with molex to help ensure backwards compatibility.
- Square formfactor, allowing for backwards compatibility
- Secured to the case by 4x M2 screws
- ESD protection, overcurrent protection, overvoltage protection, shielding noise decoupling, and single-path grounding to the keyboard case
- New durable Molex Pico-EZmate Connector that clips in vertically
- 1:1 connector pinout, allowing for backwards compatibility
- Backwards compatible with keyboards that used the C3 Unified Daughterboard
- Molex and JST terminated cables included
- Overall size: 18 x 16.5 mm
- Screw holes: 14 x 12.5 mm apart
- Hardware: 4x M2 screws
- Connector: Molex Pico-EZmate (781710004)
- PCB layers: 4 (7628 stackup)
- Cable length: 170mm
- Further specs and implementation details here
Note: The cable should be handled with care. Any kinks can cause connection issues. The cable connects from the top, not the side.
For documentation and more information, please see the new Unified Daughterboard site.