Crowtail- Serial Camera
The Crowtail Serial Camera is a JPEG color camera module easy for PC& MCU use.It has integrated image processing DSP to generate 320*240 or 640*480 JPEG image without thumbnail information, captured picture will be stored in internal buffer and transferred via UART port. The UART Can be configued to TTL or CMOS by hardware.
- Default baud rate of serial port is 38400
- 640x480/320x240(default) resolution
- JPEG compressed image without Thumbnail Information
- 5v power supply
- Crowtail interface
- Easy to use
- Digital Camara with Wireless SD Card Shield
- Vidio Monitoring
Here is an example showing how to turn on the Crowtail- Serial camera.
1.Plug it onto the U2 port of Crowtail- Base Shield using a Crowtail cable and plug one button onto digital 12 port.
2.Plug the Crowtail- Base Shield onto Crowduino_SD (or one Wireless SD Card Shield onto Crowduino)
3. Connect Arduino to PC by using a USB cable.
4.Download the Crowtail- Serial Camera Demo Code,unzip it and place it to your your arduino sketchfolder/libraries/ folder
5.Open Arduino IDE, File -> examples ->VC0706_Serial_Camera ->MotionDetect, you can open the demo code.
6.Download it to the Crowduino,and open the serial port debug window,you will see the result as bellow:
5. when the check is over, you can move the camera and begin to take photos. the Camera will take a picture and store the picture into the SD card. you can adjust the camera lens to change the focal distance, to make the picture more clear.